I’ve decided to join Someday, Laurin on her 30 Day Blog Challenge
Day Two: Twenty Facts About You
1) I have been married for 17 1/2 years
2) We have one 12-1/2 year old son
3) I have had an interest in Fire/EMS for as long as I can remember. (There’s been some lapses, but it always comes back).
4) I use to entertain myself making up stories in my head as a child….. (Time outs – even the “sit on your bed and do nothing” types – didn’t phase me).
5) One of my favorite TV shows growing up was Emergency! (Another was CHiPs)
6) My mother and I would have had approximately the same birthday if I hadn’t have been born premie (as it turned out, my son and I are really close).
7) My mother committed suicide when I was 5 years old (not looking for sympathy – just a fact). I have a Facebook page devoted to her memory. Not much there right now. A little bit of Depression, Suicide, and PTSD once in awhile…. Eventually will include more on her books & artwork.
8) My one biggest crutch/clutch (not sure which word I should be using) is that I like to read Romance ….. Just not the slutty stuff.
9) My two favorite colors are Pink and Purple (my husbands are Purple and Green)
10) I hate politics and tend to avoid.
11) I like to do crafts like crochet, knitting (ok, knifty knitting)…. Well I use to, and still do, but too many other things on plate to deal with any craft projects
12) I hope to one day publish (even if self-publish) my mom’s books as well as her cards.
13) I was always a bit of a tom-boy growing up (now not so much, but only because I don’t have the energy,etc I use to).
14) Whenever someone mentions “ladies present” in my presence – I look around to find out who/where they are
15) I am the Founder and Owner/Admin of F.E.S. Tidbits (Stands for Fire. EMS. Safety)
16) I use to purposely bypass (public transit) bus stops closer to my house so that I could have time to think while walking.
17) One of my favorite forms of exercise is leisurely bike riding (along with swimming – which I have trouble with due to ear trouble
18) I had Cholesteotoma in my right ear as a child…. Gone now, but still missing some of the bones out of my right ear (and have mild, subsequent, hearing loss – as well as sympathetic hearing loss in left ear)
19) I use to play piano and clarinet
20) I was born and raised in Oregon (mostly in the Willamette Valley and the Coast).
If you’d like to join Laurin & Me on the 30 Day Challenge jump on board