Joining in on another of Cee’s Share Your World challenges. If you’d like to join the fun head on over to this week’s challenge – Week 24
Based on last week’s poll results (Week 23) Cee has decided on the following format
- To answer three random questions each week.
- Respond to a fourth item (I will randomly chose from this list)
- Making a List out of a topic
- Completing the sentence I start
- Answering a Would you Rather question
- Bonus Question is always the same “What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?” Because we all need to be reminded that there are many things in our lives to be grateful about.
Here are this weeks questions (my answers in italics)
What’s your favorite charitable cause and why?
Being on a fixed income, there really isn’t much (or rather any) possibility of giving to charitable organizations. I have a couple online shops
That feature my mother’s artwork. 5% of the proceeds from these shops are to be donated to The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. This was recommended to me by a good family friend who is also a psychiatrist and a member of the American Psychiatric Association and was one of the former presidents of the Oregon Psychiatric Association. I am still in the process of adding product to the shops – A bit of slow process with family and other obligations.
I have a FaceBook Page for the shops and another FaceBook Page that shares information regarding depression awareness and suicide prevention (I also include PTSD since many with PTSD also suffer depression and, sadly, many who have PTSD end up taking their own lives). I also have a twitter account where I share updates and such from Nancy Polk Artist and information regarding depression, suicide prevention, and PTSD.
If I had the ability, I think I’d also like to give to a charitable organization that helps Firefighters and/or the families of those who died in a Line of Duty Death.
What color do you feel most comfortable wearing?
The best colors for me are vibrant, true colors. Pastels seem to wash me out (the lighter they are, the worse). Oranges also don’t seem to work too well. In regards to what I’m most comfortable wearing – I really don’t like to wear too bright of colors that make me stand out like sore thumb.
If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? (guest can be dead, alive, famous or someone you just know)
I did have an online radio show on Blog Talk a while back. My first 3 guests on the show were:
- John from 1 Union 801 The Webcast – October 06, 2013
- Dale from HP EMS – November 17, 2013
- Dan & Stephanie Limmer from Limmer Creative – November 24, 2013 (apparently I messed up when I was putting in the dates for the show in the show notes so it shows November17).
If you’d like to see more of the show notes check out my show notes page on my Public Safety blog
I’d really like to go back to doing my show on Blog Talk show, but I’d really need a more reliable computer (and more time) before I’d be able to do that again.
List: What are at least five places you’ve enjoyed visiting?
The Phoenix Fire Department (Got to visit the Administration or Headquarters building)